Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Brief Update

I know it seems like I have abandoned this blog. But I think about writing often. However, this past summer, I cut ties with anything that would distract me from the dissertation. I have worked on little else. Now, finally the end is in sight and I will resume blogging after I defend. A tentative date has been set for Sept. 11th (though it may be deferred if necessary). I do not like the date Sept. 11th for a defense - the only worse date would be Friday the 13th!!! So, look for the blog after the defense. In the meantime, I have kept up with all the other blogs and really appreciate your regular writing - it kept me sane and provided a few much-needed distractions.

Oh and btw, I still have the thyme and basil plants - so that experiment was a success.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Miss reading your updates Nitu! Good luck at the defense!

WASPy Girl said...

Oh, I'm so happy to hear that. I'd totally be there, but I have plans to be in DC that day. I'll call you either before or after it. But before you freak out, I only did about a couple days worth of preparation for it. Don't go too overboard. You can't prepare for everything.

Yay!