Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Inflation Again

Here is an account of how food inflation has hit the U.S.

What is sad is that this hits small business owners as hard as it hits consumers. I love the small bagel shops or coffee shops - their atmosphere is so friendly and comfortable to work and socialize in. But they are having to explain their prices increases to their customers and sometimes, these price increases hurts their sales. I, for one, have stopped studying at coffee shops (this is partially because I only drink one cup of coffee a day now) and we almost never go out and get bagels for breakfast anymore.

1 comment:

WASPy Girl said...

For some reason, the word "twitter" makes me think of you. Check out my blog and then check out the site.

I hear ya loud and clear on the cutting back.